Friday, December 23, 2011

An eBay Seller 'BIPPED' Me!

Last week, the Detroit News released the list of the top 50 prospects in the Tigers farm system. I am not much of a card prospector (a guy that stocks up on a rookie card in the hopes that said rookie becomes the next Bonds or Pujols thus creating a goldmine situation for the collector). This list though, got me thinking about grabbing a few cards of guys I have heard of, guys I have seen play, and guys that rank near the top of the list.

Jacob Turner had a couple of starts late in the season for the big club. He is the #1 rated prospect in the system, and is expected to compete for the 5th starter spot this Spring.
 Castellanos is the #2 rated player, and the guy penciled in to replace Inge at the hot corner. He's the reason the Tigers didn't waste money on Aramis Ramirez. Garcia is a 20 year old outfielder with loads of skills. Rated #7 in the organization.
I got these four cards for $19.50 shipped from eBay seller springtrainingbb. He has s-loads of prospect cards for sale. He offers free S&H on many auctions too, which I like.
Included with my four cards were these...
Eleven Chris Saenz and six Benji DeQuin cards. All in penny sleeves. One of the DeQuins is a refractor.
Audience; (oooooooh aaahhhhhhhhh)
This would be a major win if Saenz had made it. His career numbers; Six innings of 2-hit ball in 2004 to get the win. 1-0.
I like free cards, but what am I supposed to do with this Bippage? It's not even a Tiger.

No comments:

Post a Comment