Saturday, April 23, 2011

Not Exactly What I Was Looking For

In my daily checking of eBay for the last two remaining 2006 Upper Deck Artifacts Auto-Facts Signature cards, I occasionally come across similar cards.

Here is an example. Joel Pineiro Game-Used / Auto. #27/30. I snagged it on eBay for $4 bucks shipped. I am not building this set, but I will pick the cards from it when I can get them cheap enough. The cards from this set are serial numbered to either /10 or /30. A tall order to collect for sure.

The set I'm working on is an auto only set. Consisting of 88 cards, the serial numbering is quite random. Some examples:
Eric Davis /487
Luis Aparicio /250
Ken Griffey Jr. /800
Joe Mauer /400
Derek Jeter /100
Dmitri Young /300
Kent Hrbek /239
I am down to three cards needed to finish off this bad boy. Chris Duffy, Magglio Ordonez and Dontrelle Willis. If anyone sees one of these anywhere, please, let me know. I have posted numerous forum messages at The Bench, and Freedom, with no replies.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet pickup. Have you tried Blowout Cards Forum? They usually have a lot of people milling about that can help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nick ~ Nope, have not tried that one. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the last cards you need is Chris Duffy? That strikes me as funny, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete