Saturday, March 19, 2011

Newest Kaline Added ~ '57

One of my least favorite designs. Period. No thought whatsoever was put into this. I guess they were coming off the extremely bright and bold 56's and wanted to tone it down a bit.
I snagged this Kaline for $25 shipped. One problem... the case is all scratched up. I knew I was getting a mid-grade card, but I didn't know I was getting a scratched case. I tried to get a decent scan of the damage, but no dice. the scratch runs from Al's left arm to the lower left corner of the case. Anyway, I contacted the seller. He gave me back $10.75. I am happy I didn't have to send it back. Check out his stuff. There are some great deals to be had. Plus, the guy went out of his way to make me satisfied.
This card knocks off another from my Kaline Quest. If you've got a spare Kaline, let me know. Maybe we can work out a deal.

1 comment:

  1. Love all Slabs, so yea, great pickup.

    BUT... before you go bagging on '57 Topps, keep these things in mind...

    First Topps Set actual photos were used with backgrounds (which btw, it is awesome to look at what is around the player)

    First time cards were what is now called "normal" size.

    ReplyDelete