Thursday, March 24, 2011

My 2nd Favorite Player

Trammell and Whitaker, Whitaker and Trammell. Growing up in Michigan and being a lifelong Tigers fan, I have a huge man crush on the famous double-play combo.

For 18 years, these two boyhood heroes of mine solidified two of the most important positions on the field.

Trammell had 2,365 hits Whitaker had 2,369. They hold the record for most games played together, and most double plays turned. Someday I would like to see a Tram and Lou statue at Comerica Park.

When I played little league, I usually played second base. I became a big Sweet Lou fan. Tram was a close second on my list of favorite players.

I scooped this PSA 9 1979 Trammell for $16 bucks shipped on eBay.

1 comment:

  1. Good centering on that Trammell. '79s are tough for centering

    ReplyDelete