Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Few Quick Heritage Thoughts

While out last week, I grabbed 4 hobby packs of 2011 Topps Heritage. BB Sports Cards in Grand Rapids had packs for $3.50.
First thoughts. These action panels are cool. I got the Jeter double play card too.
I don't hate the design. I kind of like the '62, '68, and 87's... the ones with the grainy borders. Cardboard cards are my favorite. The feel brings me back to my childhood.
I love the backs! A cartoon, a brief story, a small stat box.
One of the reasons that 2010 Topps 206 was so maligned, was the "no hat" thing. This set has many many capless cards. How do we know Cargo is a Rockie? Look at the tiny team name in the corner... that's how. I dislike the big face shot with no cap. Yes, I know many of the original '62's were capless... I don't like the look of those either.
Cards like this Braun are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment