Monday, March 14, 2011

The Most Random eBay Pick-Up of My Life

I must have been half way through a glass of Mondavi Pinot last week when I won this card.
Am I collecting 1976 Topps? No.
Am I collecting Padres? No.
Am I collecting PSA 8's? No.
Am I collecting Bobby V cards? No
Am I collecting cards of journeymen players that became major league managers? No.
Am I collecting cards of guys posing in empty stadiums? No.
All I can remember is; I was scoping for Kaline PSA cards when I spotted this card. The bidding was at .99 cents with a minute or two left. I took a closer look at it, and liked the color scheme and layout of the card. I got it for $5 bucks shipped.
Ever won a card, and then later wondered, "what the hell was I thinking?" If you answered yes, I'm with ya now.

2 comments:

  1. I stopped drinking and ebaying a long time ago. The credit card bills just weren't worth it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tigers and Padres had the same color scheme in a lot of sets in the '70s.

    I'd sue Topps if I were you ...

    ReplyDelete