Sunday, March 6, 2011

Goodwin Champions




I am back from my whirlwind trip to Houston. I arrived Thursday afternoon. I was hoping for a couple of free hours to hit a card shop or two, but that didn't happen. My buddy had work for me. We spent 4 hours moving two huge couches and a massive wooden chest down from his third floor apartment. Then, we had to haul the stuff across town during rush hour. I live in a small big city (Grand Rapids MI.), and rush hour lasts about 15 minutes here. The drive across Houston was nuts. Lots of stop and go. I never made it to a card shop.

When I got home last night, I did have a couple of bubble mailers waiting for me. One contained a bunch of 2009 Goodwin Champions. I picked these up at a card show a few weeks ago. "Why did they get mailed to you", you ask. I pulled some from a book, but left these behind. I contacted Joe the dealer, and he was nice enough to remember me, and sent them over.

I am oh-so-close to knocking off the base set (including the SP's and the SSP's). I will get to work on the sub-sets soon. I'd still like to add the Moonlight Variations too.

The last few needs; 172, 177, 199, 200, 201, 202, 206, 207, 212, 222, 241

2 comments:

  1. 2009 UD Goodwin Champions is one of my favorite sets from that year... I'm slowly building the non-baseball autograph set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Fuji ~ Awesome! I can't wait to see that set. The on-card auto's are great.

    ReplyDelete