Thursday, December 9, 2010

One Year Ago Today

I started this blog.
This is my 343rd post. Some have been good, some lame, some pointless. All-in-all I'm happy with my rookie season.
I have learned much.
First, it takes a lot of time each day to blog.
Second, blogging about sports, with a focus on sports cards is fun as hell.
Third, I can do this. I'm not a professional writer by any means. I surely won't win a Gummie for my innovative posts. But, I can come up with interesting topics and write about them.
Fourth, I can use my scanner in conjunction with Picasa much more effectively now.
Fifth, I use the blog roll on my blog as a way to learn about the hobby. There are so many awesome bloggers out there now. Some guys crack me up, some guys show off magnificent cards I can only dream of owning, some guys keep me informed on the latest hobby news, some expose cheaters/scammers. We all have our niches, and they're all valuable.
Thanks to everyone that has visited my little blog over the past year. I wouldn't do this if not for the readers.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
It's official...
I'm going to try and build the 2009 SP Authentic Sign of the Times Auto set. The on-card auto's are great. The backs of the cards have a black and white head shot. 33 cards is not to crazy for a mostly baseball card guy.
If you've got any of these, let me know, we can work out a deal.
Oh yeah! Blogging is a good way to work trades.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the first of what I hope is many years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats as well! And good luck with the new set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun as hell. I like that. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I agree with #2 it is fun to blog about cards. It can also be a bit overwhelming when you have a ton of cards to scan that you want to talk about. I find deciding on what to talk about one of the biggest questions. Every so often I'll come across a card in my collection or a specific set and think to myself "I really should blog about that and mention this and that. So I have a list of stuff I'll eventually get to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My one year is coming up as well... although not nearly as many posts as you have. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary... and best of luck on building a sweet on-card autograph set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats and here's to many more years!

    Check my blog tomorrow AM for our recent trade ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very late to the party.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete