Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Beautiful Turkey Red

While scouring a box for some doubles to trade to Joe at the Sandlot, I came across this gem. A 2007 Topps Turkey Red baseball card of Ken Griffey Jr. Card #150 is a Dick Perez work of art. The yellowish cloud formation really highlights Griff.
When I returned to the hobby in the Spring of 2008, the retail shelves were full of 2007 products. Turkey Red was in abundance. I started buying blasters, and after falling in love with the artistry in the cards, I bought a few hobby boxes too.
I am quite close to completing this set. I am just a few short prints, and a few ad-backs away. There is a want list over to the right of this page.
The set also includes some cool checklist cards. This one of Griff cruising into second base is one of many

No comments:

Post a Comment