Saturday, May 14, 2011

Trade with the Dimwit

Amongst all of my recent Gypsy Queen collecting, Heritage has kind of been forgotten. Forgotten until a nice little trade package arrived from Texas. 
Sam of Daily Dimwit fame commented to one of my recent posts about UD Origins, and shortly thereafter, a trade was brewing.
Six more 2011 Topps Heritage cards knocked off the want list. Manny Acta has a double chin.
Detroit Tigers lead-off man, and future gold glove winner, Austin Jackson. When I watch Jackson play, I always think "Mike Cameron". 
Sam also tossed in three 2011 Topps Kimball Champions Mini's. Hanley, Bautista, and Kershaw. What a great looking insert set. 
 The original target of my desires was this 2005 UD Origins Torii Hunter Authentic memorabilia card. I didn't know it has a pinstripe. Cool. Also today, I got a bubble mailer from a recent eBay score. The Man Ram from the same set. Both cards show the player sprinting around the bases. Sadly, my last thought of Manny on the bases is him walking to first on a ground out.
This trade was a breeze. If you're a trader, give The Daily Dimwit a look. Not a trader? Go give his blog a look anyway. There's some great stuff there.
Thanks for the trade Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment