Sunday, April 24, 2011

Another "I Wish UD Still Did Baseball" Piece

From about 1993-ish until 2008, I bought almost no cards. I bought a million gallons of beer and other crap I didn't need. 2008 brought about my most recent collecting era. I have eras of collecting. My kid years. My Teen/early married guy era. I am in the midst of my most enjoyable era. I have a bit of extra cabbage to spend on cards. The only problem I have now is; what to buy. The options are many. Sadly, since the Topps monopoly took effect, the options are not as great as they were.
I often look around eBay for nice looking cards. Often they are Upper Deck products. Today a new card to me caught my eye. A card from one of my off years. 2005 UD Origins. The base set is only 200 cards with a ton of parallels. By the looks of things, the product was a mid to higher end type of product. This Pudge is available over at COMC for $4 bucks. What a great looking card! The diamond shaped swatch is very cool. I wonder what the designers that UD used are doing these days? I miss their stuff.

4 comments:

  1. do what I did... just buy your team set and spend the rest on football.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice call... this pudge memorabilia card is beautifully designed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still miss seeing Pudge behind the plate in Arlington.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now is the time to pick up all the good stuff you missed while you were away.

    ReplyDelete