Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's Official.

Now that I have card number one of the 1967 Topps set, I think I am going to try and build it. A friend of mine has shoe boxes of cards from his youth. There are around 200 '67's available. I picked up about 1/7th of his 67's yesterday.
Why collect the 67 set? "It's kind of boring", you say. I was born in 1967. I think it would be kind of cool to have the set from my birth year. I am also putting together the 1979 Topps set. 79 was the first year that me and my brother really started collecting with fervor.
Most of the cards that I picked up yesterday are in a bit better condition than this Maris. I am not going for a NM/MT set by any means. Maybe over time, I will try to upgrade a bit. I will have a want list up later.

3 comments:

  1. ive NEVER found the '67 set "boring" i love the full bold photos on the back, and the vertical backs make for much easier reading imo.

    Major Kudos to you for taking this challenge on! i would suggest getting the best possible condition of a card that you can, rather then "upgrading later" as that takes funds away from other cards that you will want/need.

    i am currently working on a dead-centered '79 set, something that is going to take me some time to complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. grrr, made a typo. i realize there are no photos on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck on your set... I've always wanted to build a vintage set. Unfortunately... don't think I have the funds to do it.

    ReplyDelete