Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Drunk

http://www.freep.com/article/20110217/SPORTS02/110217016/Tigers-Miguel-Cabrera-charged-DUI-Florida?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Tigers star first baseman Miguel Cabrera is a drunk. No one forces alcohol down one's throat.

As a recovered alcoholic, drug addict, cigarette smoker, and nail biter, I have a unique perspective on situations like this. I don't see addiction as a disease. What other disease can you will away? Addiction is a matter of will power. Make a decision to live a better way. Turn over temptations to God. Yeah, I know, that sounds too easy... it's as easy as pouring a drink.

5 comments:

  1. This is indeed sad, sad news. I really hope he gets it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hit the nail on the head...just turn it over and let it all go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I whole-heartedly agree with your post.

    you collect the Tigers, right? I'm compiling a list of team collectors to present to the blogosphere, and I need to know where to put your name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Paul ~ I'm sad as a human. Miggy is a husband and father. His life must be a mess right now. As a Tigers fan, well, it blows.
    @Colbey ~ 1 Corinthians 10:13 It's the one I turn to when I think about reverting to my past ways.
    @Cubsfan ~ You got it, Detroit Tigers fan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, SMG! I just realized that you're not following me. For shame! :)
    http://just-in-justinsworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete