Monday, January 3, 2011

Cody the Showman


In the early stages of 2010 Magic football madness, I jumped on this Buffalo Bill Cody Historical Stamp of Approval. My Wife's Mom's side of the family has ties to the Cody clan. (That's how I justified the $40 Buy-it-Now price in my head.)

Serial numbered to only 25 copies, these Historical Stamp of Approval cards will become hard to find. (Another justification.) This one is numbered 2/25, and has a 1988 issued unstamped 15c stamp embedded in it.

Perusing the bay today, I came across this auction for a Matt Ryan card. My offer, $90 bucks. The seller must have typed an extra zero in the BIN price box. Must've.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Great card. I'm not sure if you've ever read any of my Buffalo Bill posts, but he is one of my favorite historical figures of all-time. That

    If you ever decide to part with that card, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I was going to say you better not let Beardy see that...but his comment was already here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card. I'm mixed on the whole Stamp in a card thing. It boarders on the Game-Used theme which I have never really been a big fan of. With these at least they don't have to ruin the stamp to embed it.

    ReplyDelete