Saturday, November 13, 2010

Silky Smooth

My LCS, Legends Sports & Games, had Hobby boxes of 2010 Topps 206 for $39.99. With two guaranteed relics or auto's, how could I not pick one up. There are a couple of pricks that work at Legends (one of them is a manager or owner), so I don't usually give them any of my hard earned cabbage. However, they just moved into a new location, and I was there checking out the new lay-out. My addiction to opening packs took over.
I gotta say, 2010 Topps 206 has got to be in the running for a Gummie for worst set of the year. The hatless images are horrible looking. The design is blah.
I got one autographed card, Bengie Molina in a Giants uni. I also got a Giovani Soto jersey card.
I also pulled this silk card of Frank Chance. Serial numbered 37/50. I like getting low numbered cards. I don't like a silk card as much as say, a table leg chip from Babe Ruth's kitchen table.
I got the usual assortment of odd backed mini's. Also a stack of Bronze bordered parallels.
For 40 bucks, I say buy. Any more than that, and you'll be disappointed.



1 comment:

  1. Interested in the Chance and Soto cards. I'll go through my stuff and shoot you an offer later on tonight.

    ReplyDelete