Friday, April 30, 2010

My 2 Cents on Tebow

I can't think of a more polarizing/controversial player to come out of college in forever.
The Tebow story is refreshing. The league has plenty of Dez Bryant types. The list is long.
The landscape in the NFL is plenty big for guys Like Warner, Fitzgerald, and Tebow. I read somewhere the other day, that Tebow jerseys are blowing off the shelves and are the highest selling jersey since 2006. I think the title was "A Sign of the Apocalypse". Interesting choice of words. It's not just Gator and Bronco fans that are buying them, and it's not just Christians. There are a lot of people rooting for a good guy to make it.
Yes, the prices people are paying for his cards are crazy when compared to guys projected to make it. This brings me to my main point. He has made it. Any dad can point to Tim's determination and dedication and say to his son or daughter, "don't give up, that guy made it". His story means something. Is it so hard to believe in good these days?
If you can stand a bit of preachy-ness, check out his foundations website. You might find yourself rooting for a longshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment