Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cheese Sticks and Cards

Back in the late 80's / early 90's, I was collecting everything card related. There was tons of stuff to be had. The drug store near our shop sold Fleer football cards, so I have loads of the green bordered cards. Sadly, so does everyone else. Maybe someday, they will be kindling.

After reading the Trolls piece on Drakes cards, I thought I would dig through my box labeled; Random Stuff. I found 2 1991 MooTown Snackers cards. This set of cards was inserted in string cheese packages. The checklist is pretty good. Sabo, Dykstra, Daniels... kidding. There are a bunch of legends too; Bonds, Ozzie, Puckett, Junior, Biggio, Boggs, and more.

These cards are unlicensed, so we are left with no logo's. Cards of very recognizable players, with no team logo's are one thing, but cards of back-up second baseman are another. I wonder what UD will do this year. An airbrushed Ramon Santiago card doesn't excite me.


No comments:

Post a Comment