Wednesday, May 19, 2021

A KID. A CARD.

2020 Panini Select Premier Level Die-Cut #305/355
I picked up my 10 year old grandson from school today. I was hoping to have a few packs of cards ready for us to rip. I usually grab something from my local big box store, but since there is never anything there but cards with wrasslers, ponies, or Pokemon, I was empty handed.
My local card shop saved me. AllStar Sports and Games in Grand Rapids Michigan opened a new space. We went to check it out. 
My grandson loves football. We were after some packs to open. Single packs were going for 20, 30, 40 and more! Insanity!
"The market is a bit hot right now.", said the owner.
No kidding.
He did point out a couple boxes of 2020 Panini Select. $179/box. 10 packs. I had to pull the trigger. I opened my Robinhood app, sold some stonks, and paid for the box. Easy come, easy go. 
Watching a kid rip wax, smile, eyes light up, so worth it. 
Herbert is safely in a top loader and probably on my grandson's nightstand.


No comments:

Post a Comment