Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Other Things

Hey all. I hope you're having an awesome Summer. 
The sewingmachinegal and I are soaking up the heat and really having fun.
You might remember a while back I began the process of selling off my collection. It was a tough decision, but has been really rewarding (financially and mentally).
I have given away thousands of cards to the neighbor kids as well. I like seeing the looks on their faces as they get new cards. I was that kid once.
I still miss ripping into a pack.


With the money made from selling cards, we took a road trip to the U.P. of Michigan. We loaded the bikes onto the Vue, and hit the road.
 The scenery was beautiful. The air pure.
This is the place we stayed in for three of the days. I took a couple hours and sketched the cabin we stayed in.
 We stayed at a cabin that had kayaks. Fun! 
 We went on a 7.5 mile hike along Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.
 Because I'm a big kid, I had to launch something off the 200 foot cliffs.
We had lot's of views like this.
Which way?
She's good with a compass.
 The golf was spectacular. My score was not.
 Another Summer activity was taking our old lady to the beach.
I miss the brotherhood with my collector friends.
I hope you all are finding gems to add to your collections.
Peace.

9 comments:

  1. It looks like life is treating you rather well. We miss you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applaud your decision to sell off your collection and enjoy life. This is the 2nd post today that I've read where the poster as done this (the other was a Transformer collector like myself).

    As much fun as I'm having I can see a day where I take the same path as you my friend. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giving cards to kids is a ton of fun. I just did that with all my NBA cards. I put them on Craigslist and two 11-year-olds came over with their dad. These kids were practically jumping up and down when I handed over a paper grocery bag full of cards. :-)

    Looks like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a great time....glad to see some beautiful pictures...great sketch too! May need you to come and teach an art class or two on sketching to my 6th graders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trik Menang Bermain Situs Judi Sabung Ayam Online Yang Jarang Diketahui Klik Di Sini

    Informasi Terlengkap Mengenai Sabung Ayam
    https://sateayambv.blogspot.com/2018/12/inspirasi-dari-video-ayam-bangkok.html/

    ReplyDelete