Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Gypsy Queen Blaster Quickie

I snagged my first blaster box of 2011 Topps gypsy Queen baseball cards tonight. After 8 hobby packs, that got me ZERO Detroit Tigers, the blaster ended the streak in a big way. First, the hit of the box (I think it's the hit, because I have yet to research the short prints or variations). 
Tom Seaver framed card #74 is serial numbered 575/999. The card shows Tom in a Met's uniform. I will gladly deal it for a serial numbered Tiger.

 Next, we have the three Tigers that I pulled. Cabrera, Cobb, and Magglio. I really like this set. The images are somehow enhanced to really accentuate the wrinkles, muscles, and subtle details of each image. The same image enhancement was used in the 2010 Topps Magic football cards. And if you have read my blog for any time, you know I love cards on cardboard. I am instantly transported back to the sidewalk in front of the drug store that we used to buy cards at. We would get those cards outside the front door, sit down right there on the sidewalk in front, and open the packs. We couldn't wait to bring them home to open them.


 And now... the creepiest card I have pulled in a long long time. An actual card of a Gypsy Queen...holding a Gypsy baby! Seeded 1:24 packs, I guess these are a hit. Freaky though.

3 comments:

  1. I've got your Tigers right here. Or, I will. I see you pulled three already, but whatever I pull that Sam doesn't need can go your way. I have the Tigers in the Nachos Grande break, and I am expecting not to need any of the base cards. We can work something out, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, that gypsy card is freaky...

    ReplyDelete