Saturday, April 2, 2011

Trade Recap

I pulled off a great trade with Darren of Potch Wheeler fame. Darren knocked off 23 cards from my 1979 Topps want list.
No other card reminds me of the era as much as this Eric Soderholm. The 'stache, the oversized glasses, the lame White Sux uni, awesome. My brother and our friends called him Eric Sodomize.
Hall-of-Famer Willie McCovey. A little rough around the edges, but I don't care. I am building this set as an ode to my first serious collecting days. Most of my '79's look like this.
Two of the best catchers of my lifetime. Both wearing nice powder blue PJ's.
Boone never gets the recognition I think he deserves. 2, 225 games caught. Wow!
Four aces. I love the Pirates hat.
Surprise! A 2011 Topps Verlander. Didn't have it.
Thanks for the sweet cards Darren.

No comments:

Post a Comment