Monday, April 18, 2011

3 of a Kind with Cecil

I was looking for a card of one of my all-time favorite Detroit Tigers, Cecil Fielder. I wanted to do a "When The Card Fits the Player" feature with him. You know, a card showing his rotundness in full swing. What I found in the binder was this three card row. From 1992 Topps. Card #397. What we have here is the regular, the Gold parallel, and a Gold parallel with the word Winner stamped on it. According to Wikipedia (the authoritative resource for all things) the Winner version was only available by mailing in a winning game card of some sort. Old school eh? Find a game card, win, lick a stamp, find mailbox, wait for card.

1 comment:

  1. I have a bunch of those winners. It wasn't too hard to win if you had the early game cards. I do believe you have an example of the first parallel rainbow ever made. And there isn't even any color to it!

    ReplyDelete