Saturday, April 24, 2010

Thorzul's APOH Experiment

I participated in Thorzul's group break of 2009 UD A Piece of History. After 4 boxes, one thing was clear. The Hollywood hit was at the bottom of the box. Today I went to one of my local card shops, All Star Sportscards. Low and behold, they had a virgin box of APOH on the shelf. I asked the kindly old guy if he would open it, and sell a few packs. "No problem", he said. As I dug down to the depths of the box, he gave me a quick glance. I said, "don't worry, I am not pack searching. I just always like packs from the bottom." Sure I do... moowoohaha I thought.
Here are the 4 packs I grabbed. Two from each side of the box, the four bottom packs. $4.75 each.
Awesome! The Hollywood hit was there. Just like we knew it would be. It is a patch of motorcycle pants from the film Charlie's Angels. Worn by none other than Drew Barrymore. I also got two Cut From the Same Cloth cards (both numbered to 999). Lastly, a Box Score Memories card of Francoeur (numbered 69/75).

2 comments: