Monday, April 26, 2010

I Have One of "Those" WalMarts

SHOPPING LIST:
  • Dog Food
  • Printer Paper
  • Eggs
  • Crunch Berries
  • Bread
  • Check the card aisle
My wally world recently converted to a sort of mega-store. They added a bunch of groceries, expanded the electronics department, etc. They also chopped the card aisle to what you see here.
Blasters; Heritage, Topps, UFC, and a football box. Some rack packs, and a couple of gravity feeders. We had the usual Yugioh, and assorted other non-sports crap. Not one thing was on sale. At least at Meijer (a big box store) we get blasters of 08 Topps for $11.99. There is always something at Meijer marked way down. Tonights effort by Super Wally World... brutal. Amount spent on cards tonight = zero.

7 comments:

  1. My Wal-Mart's in the hood. It's the type of place where you have to show someone your receipt in order to be let out of the store. I don't go there often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would kill for a wally world like that....

    you don't know how lucky you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 6 Wal-Marts to choose from (between work and home or within a 10 mile radius of home) and every one of them has a different card section. I think I'll write a post about this very topic today or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I ever decide to move to Canada, remind me of the Captain's comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My local Wal-Mart only has a passing interest in carrying cards. The card section is at the end of a checkstand and it's almost always bare these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right that Meijer always has a deep discount sale on something in the card aisle.

    ReplyDelete