Saturday, March 6, 2010

Went to a card show today

Nope, didn't find the card I desire. The 2008 Goudey Graphs Derek Jeter auto continues to elude my grasp.

I asked every guy at every table for a Jeter autographed card. The pat answer...sorry. There wer 2 autographed baseballs, and one autographed 8X10 photo. Thats it.

Jeter must have 50 to 60 thousand autographed cards out there. In Grand Rapids Michigan, on a sunny but chilly Saturday morning in March, there was not a one to be found. Not a one.

So after I made my way around of the outer ring of the elementary school gym, and then around the inner ring, I wandered around looking for nothing in particular.

I saw an old Jackie Robinson in rough shape for $100. Tons of Tigers auto's, Patch cards, serial numbered stuff, rookies, all sorts Detroit related goodness.

What did I spend? What did I buy while there? .50 cents for a cup of Joe. Thats it. I want that damn Jeter so bad, that when the time comes, I will have saved enough for it. Will power people, just will power.

No comments:

Post a Comment