Friday, February 26, 2010

To Grade or Not to Grade

In general, I think grading newer cards is dumb. But, what about a collection like my 2008 Goudey Graphs?

Currently, I have each card stored in one of these magnetic, UV protective cases. The cases seem to be a good way to store and enjoy the cards. I will put one or two of them on the bookshelves in the family room for a week or so at a time.

I'm just wondering if it would be "worth it" to have them graded? I have no thought right now of ever selling this collection. I may change my mind someday. Would slabbing this set increase it's value? If so, increase it enough to matter?

Thanks for the input.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what it adds to the cards, especially since there are no authentication issues.. Still would be cool. I thought about getting my Masterpieces football patch set autographed and then get them graded for display purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never grade, the cards will suffocate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep as is. Slabs are a pain in the ass.

    ReplyDelete